Blepharoplasties can be both a functional and cosmetic surgical procedure intended to reshape the upper eyelid or lower eyelids by the removal or repositioning of excess tissue as well as by reinforcement of surrounding muscles and tendons.
Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty.
- This can be performed via an skin incision (trans-cutaneous) or via the inside of the eyelid (trans-conjunctival).
- Lower Blepharoplasty reduces excess fat in the lower eyelids.
- The excess fat is removed and incisions are closed with fine sutures.
- Incisions made on the inside of the eyelids are not visible.
- Incisions made on the outside of the lower eyelids are barely visible and fade over time